Image for illustration only and may not reflect actual product or finish
Catalog Cuts / Specs
Medium-duty surface overhead door holder/stop
- Designed for medium- to light-duty applications. They’re ideal for openings that are subject to normal activity, providing protection for the door, frame, hinges and surrounding walls or obstructions.
- All models incorporate the popular channel/slide-arm design and offset jamb brackets. This improved design allows for simple field modification of functions, should user requirements change.
- Hold-open (H) models conveniently hold doors open at a predetermined position, permitting unobstructed traffic flow.
These models feature an adjustable automatic hold-open that is activated when the door is opened to a preset angle. The hold-open tension can be adjusted using an allen wrench through the end of the slider located in the channel at the top of the door. Each meets the 250,000 test cycles required for Grade 1 classification.
- Friction hold-open (F) Friction hold-open models provide an alternative holding method ideal for patient room doors, wardrobe or closet doors, or similar applications where multiple hold-open positions are desired. The friction tension can be adjusted using an allen wrench on the slider located in the channel at the top of the door.
- Stop-only (S) When the hold-open function is not required, the stop-only function provides the same effective door control without keeping the door held open. The stop-only model may be used on fire doors.
- Special stop-only (SE) When stop-only models are used in conjunction with single point hold-open electronic door closers, the function may be ordered without the shock absorbing mechanism. Used as an auxiliary stop with these closers, they will prolong the life of the closer. The stop location is adjusted using an allen wrench on the stop block located in the channel. Note: Caution should be taken when using this option in other applications, as the elimination of the shock-absorbing spring can put added stress on the door and frame.
- Classification: Stop-only models are classified as Miscellaneous fire door accessories. This classification applies to use on either hollow metal fire doors or wood fire doors.
- Material substrate: Brass, 300 Series stainless steel or steel, these models offer the broadest range of finishes in the industry to complement any design. Brass and stainless steel offer the highest resistance to corrosion, while all these base materials are suitable for normal interior use.
- Improved compatibility with door closers
- Improved jamb bracket design
- Single-acting doors
- Interior applications
- Easy to install
- Improved corrosion resistance